The Podlight, a new podcast collaboration by San José Spotlight and Silicon Valley Synergy, is back.
Late last year, we released eight episodes of The Podlight featuring in-depth conversations with San José Spotlight reporters about South Bay policy, politics and government, delving into critical issues such as housing, technology, business, homelessness, land use and development.
In this edition of The Podlight, host Bob Staedler sits down with Urban Catalyst founder Erik Hayden to learn more about Silicon Valley’s landmark Opportunity Zone Fund which has gained national attention for driving urban development by transforming and revitalizing downtown San Jose with six major redevelopment projects.
The Podlight is now on Apple Podcasts. LISTEN HERE.
Check out our previous episodes:
- Episode 1: Who are the players in downtown San Jose?
- Episode 2: A look at San Jose’s new Section 8 discrimination policy
- Episode 3: The three Ps of housing policy
- Episode 4: Digging into anti-displacement policies
- Episode 5: Google’s big plans for San Jose
- Episode 6: The legendary Chuck Davidson
- Episode 7: An exclusive sitdown with Scott Wiener
- Episode 8: Top stories of 2019