The battle between union workers and Santa Clara County supervisors rages on, as hundreds of workers sporting purple and red t-shirts crowded the board chambers last month before the supervisors parted for summer recess. “Please be quiet so we can hear people speaking, so we don’t have to stop the meeting,” said Supervisor Cindy Chavez,...
This article was corrected on August 31, 2019. San Jose Councilmember Lan Diep is the target of an anonymous political poll released in late May that alleges he “violated city policy” by dating a senior staffer and taking her with him on last year’s taxpayer-funded sister city trip to Japan. The three-day telephone poll —...
Santa Clara has appointed seven people to its Charter Review Committee, a group that will help determine how future City Council members are elected. The committee will meet over the summer and fall to gather resident feedback before helping craft a ballot question about how the city should be split up for voting purposes that...
The Latest News
- Santa Clara mayor gives social media silence to council colleague December 3, 2021
- San Jose State gives students more access to emergency beds December 3, 2021
- Zisser: Police reform in San Jose requires overhaul of independent civilian oversight December 3, 2021
- VTA pulls funding from San Jose’s Charcot Avenue extension December 3, 2021
- San Jose clears more than 200 homeless encampments December 2, 2021
- Increased San Jose child abuse calls raise counselor concerns December 2, 2021